Sunday, July 26

Ganja Queen

Since David has decided that he could not live with out ESPN, we now have cable again. Thanks to this turn of events I have been reaping the benefits of our On Demand options. Endless movies and, my favorite, documentaries.

One of my favorite movies is Brokedown Palace. Maybe you have seen it. Two unassuming girls travel overseas for a vacation. Fun in the Sun, if you will. However, the fun is never had. They are arrested for drug trafficing. Accused of being mules.

You hear of the stories. You watch the movies. You know that it is real, but you have never been able to put a face with the stories you hear. Until now. Meet Schapelle Corby. Schapelle as been labeled the Ganja Queen in Bali, Indonesia.

Photobucket

This documentary Ganja Queen was great! Real life at its scariest for this Australian. You will have to watch it and see if she is sentenced to execution or not. I give it 3.75 stars. Is .75 allowed in the rating scale? Oh, well. See it!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post. Not that this is a laughing matter, but my friend Amanda made me watch Brokedown Palace, and at the end of the movie she was crying her eyes out. Then she said, "Stacy, I would totally stay in the prison for you." Not that I didn't find that very kind/sweet of her, but really, we aren't that stupid. lol

Laura said...

Hey Brokedown Palace is one of my favs too and I totally watched that documentary on Corby as well. It was a great documentary. Wow!