Sunday, July 12

Great Wolf Lodge

I am pretty skeptical of anywhere that I have to wear contacts. Let alone a swimsuit. I love accessories. I love glasses. I used to love swimsuits. I consider my glasses my main accessory. Besides the fact that I cannot see without them, I love them. I have tons (to say the least) and I rotate through them depending on my outfit. I consider myself an accessory maven who was once skinny, and liked swimsuits.

So, when I acquired an opportunity to go to The Great Wolf Lodge this weekend I was less than enthusiastic. I mean come on. A big hotel. A big pool. Tons of kids. Noise. Ick. A trip to this place required me to put in contacts and dawn a swimsuit. Seriously, not excited. All I was thinking was, the things I do for my husband to have fun. Oh, was I wrong.

This place...

Photobucket
The red arrow is pointing at our table. Rock star people watching spot!

Photobucket

ROCKED! It was HUGE. There were a lot of people there, but you never would have known. David, Mom, Mr. B and I loved every minute of our time there! When we were not swimming or slidin' the people watching was superb. JFTR (just for the record), people watching is one of my most favorite activities.

Mr. B was cold, but was not having any part of not being in the water with this Uncle Dae-Dae. He loved it all! His favorite were the fountains that came out of the floor. He could not get enough. He was laughing non-stop, (trying) to talking to anyone that would listen. Not to mention that he was a total hit (with the ladies young and old) because he was laughing and splashing so hard.

Photobucket

See? Look at him! He would not sit still for one second. David tried about 50 times to get a pic of him. This was the best of the lot!

The pools were not to hot or too cold. The lifeguards were friendly. The food was yummy (thanks Mom). The place was SO clean.I totally give this place an A+ and we cannot wait to return. Infact, our next family staycation is already booked for the Fall !

Pictures thanks to the trusty iPhone. Don't leave home without one! Especially when you bring your point and shoot with no battery!

2 comments:

Robyn and Anthony said...

That place looks sooo cool! Glad you guys had a fun time.

Laura said...

Um I like your idea of a staycation. That is funny. I bet David can't wait for the Schlitterbahn to open....We are going for my birthday next week.