Thursday, June 11

Welcome to the World

You and Ben really have NO idea how much you mean to David and I (insert my eyes tearing up here). You two are amazing people and amazing friends to us. More than that we consider the two of you (and the addition) our family! Good friends are hard to come by, but great ones like you two are the rarest of all!

Hang in there Momma! You are wonderful! You are doing a wonderful job!

That was part of an e-mail that I wrote to my Fresno Bestie (BFF) Anna yesterday. I had no intentions of sharing it on here, but I could think of no other way to describe this new Proud Papa (My husband's bestie and friend from way back in the day.) and Marvelous Momma that would even begin to do them justice. These two are amazing people who are spiritually in tune like no one I have ever known. You have heard that phrase, your lips to God's ears.

Anna was that for me. However, she doesn't know it. I had recently been married. I was so used to being a *me*, but now to everyone I was an *us*. I was loving life, but so lost when it came to what I wanted to be when I grew up. Then, we met. She turned me on to digi-scrapping and digital SLR photography and changed my life. Anna and I were born in the same year, same month even and less than 24 hours apart. She is everything that I am not: soft spoken and patient. Anne of Green Gables said it best, she is my bosom friend.

Well, since I was in Los Angles last week there was NO way that I could go to California and not see my bosom friend. Anna is the reason I ventured to Fresno, but Anna's bosom friend (of another kind) was the reason I took my camera out of the bag!

Please meet Katelynn:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


This is Baby K's birth announcement:

Photobucket

All of these images were taken with my new 50mm 1.2. Yes, I am in love with it!

This heart melter was a dream model for her newborn session. I was prepared for her to be difficult, being 4 weeks already. However, after she was fed, she was asleep the whole time we curled, moved and ahhhh-ed over her. Hours later, when we were done, she was still asleep! She really is a dream to be around and a long awaited blessing for her parents. This baby seriously makes you want to go home and drop an egg.

Anna, thank you for giving me the honor of capturing these moments. I hope you like them! Katelynn, welcome to the world baby!

*Thanks Gina's sister for that drop an egg quote. It cracks me up everytime!*

4 comments:

The Jensens said...

So, so, so cute!!! Congrats Ben and Anna :0) Erin, you totally rock...and your pictures do too!! Awesome!

gina said...

AAAA-mazing! kinda makes me want to drop an egg!!!

D Jaze said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures. You are a natural.

Sarah Mejias said...

My niece is surely a cutie. You did an amazing job capturing her cuteness.